Saturday, May 23, 2015

Wed, we did.


On the 10th of May, 2015, the Lumberjack got married in his (our) backyard, between three trees.


There were three guests, plus a photographer and the officiant.


My dear, dear friend Amanda came up to visit and help us get ready, even though she wasn't able to stay late enough to attend our little ceremony. She surprised us with this gorgeous and immensely delicious raspberry and heaven cake.


During the ceremony, these two furry beasts wrestled. The whole time.


My other dear, dear friend, Eryn, flew in from Florida to be here. Until that weekend, I hadn't seen her in nearly five years, which is way too long to go without seeing your best friend, let me tell you.


I can't stop looking at these pictures, because look at that handsome bearded face. He looks joyful.


He is the love of my life, and will die a little (of embarrassment) if he ever reads this.


Our rings don't match, but honestly, how traditional has any of our relationship been so far?
Not very.

For the little, super small ceremony, we decided that since my parents most likely couldn't make it, we would just say no family. It sounds harsh, but it made it so that instead of leaving out specific people, we just kind of left everyone out. Hopefully feelings didn't get too bruised, because it helped keep the day happy and secret, not a sad event that everyone but my parents could show up to.

Amanda and Eryn helped me decorate the backyard, Eryn fixed up my hair all fancy, and helped hem up my dress so that it was knee length instead of to my ankles. She's magic. They both are.

The flowers in bottles are still on the fence. It's been two weeks and, amazingly, most of the flowers are still alive and beautiful.

Not traditional. Not a big ordeal. Only three guests. But I adore this man, and I adore this life we are leading together. When he's at work, I count down the minutes till he's back home. Right now we're both laying on separate couches, me typing, him reading a book, and every time I glance over at him, my heart swoops around in my chest, rejoicing in this human I have found to love, who loves me right back.

I can already tell, this is how marriage is supposed to be.

1 comment:

  1. I am so so happy for you! It looks like it was such a beautiful day:)

    ReplyDelete