For the past few weeks, when on my computer I could usually be found scouring Etsy, drooling over the rings. The truly special ones got sent to Mr. Lumberjack.
And then I found it. The one I couldn't stop looking at. I kept going back to the page just to look at pictures of it. From the 1960's, and almost like lace.
You guys, a jewelry wearer I am not. Earrings occasionally, and that's it. But this ring. Oh this ring. So it got sent, via text message, along with a plea from me, something along the lines of "Wedding ring or no, I can't stop looking at this ring, and want it so very badly. Just in case you were curious."
He responded quickly with "Well isn't that size a little too big for you?" To which I assured him that it could be resized. I even checked with the seller. And then no reply for a while, which isn't unusual. He's not often chatty, especially through texts. I'm making peace with it. ;)
And then I get a text from him saying the ring was already sold. Cue skepticism and sadness from me.
But oh well. It's just a ring. And maybe he's being sneaky, cause that other person swooping in had pretty excellent timing if it was true.
A week or so went by. We were at the Lumberjacks house, and a package came. Ever the romantic, he tossed the package to me and said "hey, can you open this for me?" I got suspicious, said "sure", and ta-dah! The ring. I was giddy. And, thanks to being pregnant, the ring fits almost too well. My fingers are getting larger. So we'll wait till baby comes to resize it, if it ends up needing it.
He said he was still planning on getting me another of the rings I sent the link to, but I don't want that. I want this ring. It's from him, it's the one that made me swoon. It's the one he sneakily ordered the same day I told him about it. I told him that I have absolutely no desire for any other ring, and he responded with "well now I feel dumb for not being more romantic in giving it to you. Should I get down on one knee?"
"When the time is right, absolutely."
So, folks. We'll see what goes down.
(I have never ever EVER loved yellow gold rings, till this one. Magic, I tell you.)
(The green you see here is just a reflection of the blanket I was wrapped in when taking the photo)



No comments:
Post a Comment