Monday, August 18, 2014

Gushing and the Super Moon.


I'm gonna take a moment to gush about the Lumberjack. It'll be a post that, should he ever read it, will be sure to cause some groans and awkward shiftiness, cause the dude can't handle much praise.

This blog is mostly for me to preserve memories, as well as get my opinions or thoughts out there in hoping they may help someone who is struggling in the same ways I am. This post is basically a memory preserving post.

If you have a Facebook, you may see suggested articles pop up on your news feed. For me, often they're about trashy celebrity gossip and articles explaining to me ways to tell if my relationship is healthy or not.

I used to click on those relationship articles and yearn to have someone treat me like the articles spoke about. Some of the points made are mushy or silly, but honestly, who doesn't want mushy silliness now and again from someone you love?

Now I click on them and beam, because I have that. The Lumberjack goes out of his way to make sure I am happy and know that I am loved.

There was a Super Moon on the 10th of August and I was eagerly awaiting it. I daydreamed about watching it come up with the Lumberjack, because daydreaming is what I do best. I casually mentioned the upcoming Super Moon to him in passing and BAM! He decided we should go out to the middle of nowhere and watch it. I was thrilled.

You guys. He went above and beyond. We ended up going to a lake outside of the city. The lake is surrounded by lava rock that has been worn smooth from the waters various levels.


We went when it was still light out and he fished with his best friend while I concentrated my efforts on seeing my first crawdad (I saw one, but it was dead. Not quite the same, unfortunately).



As the sun started to set, we built a fire and his bff headed out for home, and we stayed and cozied up to watch the gigantic glowing orb raise into the sky. It was magical.





We kept doing "crawdad runs" with the flashlight, just in case they came out when it got dark, and saw tons of little fish swimming in the rock pools.


This is one of the only photos that I actually took of the moon, but it turned out kind of neat, so I'm not disappointed.

And that is the end of my gushing. To sum up, this Lumberjack character wins all the prizes because he is one of the kindest, gentlest fellas I've had the pleasure of knowing. And if he ever reads this, he'll groan up a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment